No products in the basket.
With so many different types of arts and crafts available it can sometimes be daunting to know which ones to try. Take this quiz to find out which types of crafts are best for you.
I like handmade items because:
- a- I appreciate the unique and individual nature of something handmade
- b-I don’t like things that are mass produced
- c-I like the idea of making things myself
- d-I want to save money
When I am trying something new I like to:
- a -Explore different techniques myself
- b- Get basic instructions from a book or magazine and then develop this myself
- c- Follow step by step instructions to the letter
- d- I don’t like trying new things
If I make a mistake when crafting I try to:
- a- Cover up the mistake using some exciting techniques
- b- Use this as an opportunity to develop the project in a different way
- c- Start again
- d- Give up
When I follow a craft project:
- a- I rarely follow craft projects – I like to do my own thing
- b- I simply use the project as a starting point to develop my own ideas
- c- I follow the project and then develop my ideas from there
- d- I follow the project explicitly
I would describe my crafting experience as:
- a- I am an experienced all round crafter
- b- I am experienced in one or two crafts
- c- I am an enthusiastic beginner
- d- I am a reluctant crafter
You are a creative person and most crafts will be ideal for you. The best crafts are ones where you have a lot of scope for trying new things and using your creative approach to the full. Mixed media and altered art may be a great craft for you to explore further as this gives you the opportunity to work on projects that combine a wide range of techniques and materials. Mixed media and altered art can be used for both decorative and functional projects.
With your DIY spirit, any crafts that allow you to make your own clothes, household accessories and other items are best for you. Sewing, knitting and crochet are good crafts that can be used separately or collectively to make a wide range of items. These crafts can be developed and expanded to include embroidery, felt making and beadwork.
Craft kits may be a great option for you! A kit gives you everything you require to undertake a specific project or learn a new craft. This is useful when you are starting out as it saves having to buy a lot of separate items. The fact that a kit provides you with set materials will help you keep within your comfort zone while starting a new craft. Once you have gained confidence then you can go on to develop your skills and techniques further.
Crafting isn’t your thing, however you need to make some items for a specific reason. Saving money by making things rather than buying things is important to you. It is best to keep things simple and not to go overboard to start with. Look for quick-to-finish projects that are simple to make but with fantastic end results. Handmade jewellery can be a great craft for people looking to save money by making their own accessories. Kits are widely available which provide the materials required to make a few items of jewellery and these can be a great place to start.
What ever type of crafter you are, learning a new craft or hobby can be a very rewarding activity and could be the start of a life-long interest.
Reproduced courtesy of www.CraftExpert.co.uk – great arts and craft ideas